One of the disadvantages of travelling long haul is Jet Lag and right now, it has been really difficult for me to adjust back to Asian time. I wake up in the middle of the night with a growling tummy (So hungry!). Good thing, before we left for the holidays, I baked some healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins and stored them in the freezer. So whenever I feel hungry, I just microwave or heat them in the oven.
This is my very own recipe. Hope you like them!
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
2 ripe Bananas (crushed)
2 cups White Whole Wheat Flour
3 tsp Baking Powder
3/4 cup Honey Granules
1 cup Non-Fat Milk
1 cup Melted Low Fat Butter
1 tsp Salt
1 Egg (beaten)
1 cup Sugar-free Dark Chocolate Chips
1) Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, honey granules, salt. Mix them well.
3) Add egg, milk and melted butter. Mix thoroughly.
4) Add crushed bananas and chocolate chips; stir the batter for 5 minutes until it's thin.
5) Spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the batter into the muffin pan.
6) Put in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
Serve while hot and you can put leftovers in a ziplock bag and freeze them up to 2 months. :)