The Health Benefits of Saffron
1) Asthma and Cough: It helps clear the airways making it easier for you to breathe.
2) Cancer: Saffron contains Carotenoids and apparently has an "Apoptosis" effect on cancer cells sending them signals to self destruct.
3) Antidepressant: The active components of saffron makes our body lose its depressing characteristics making it a dietary necessity sometimes.
4) Skin Diseases: Apart from imparting its exotic flavor and aroma to several recipes, saffron possesses beauty benefits. It has natural skin lightening qualities. Saffron can be beneficial for your skin and treats acne and blemishes.
5) Insomnia: Mixing it with tea will help you avoid restless or sleepless nights.