Sunday, June 16, 2013

Filipino Rice Muffin (Puto)

Happy Father's Day to my wonderful dad and to all the dads out there. Since I won't be able to celebrate this special day with my parents, I'm making myself one of my favorite Filipino desserts, Puto (rice muffin).
Hope you enjoy this really yummy rice muffin recipe from my mother... :)


Rice Muffin (Puto)


Ingredients:
1/4 Cup of Butter (softened)
1 Cup Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking  Powder
5 Tablespoon Sugar
3/4 Cup Milk
4 Egg Whites
Margarine (optional)
Cheese (grated)

Method:
1) Grease Puto molds (cup cake molds) with butter or margarine, set aside.
2) Mix flour, baking powder and sugar in a large deep bowl.
3) Add softened butter, milk and egg whites then whisk the batter for 10 minutes.
4) Pour the mixture in the Puto molds (cup cake molds) and put grated cheese on top.
5) Steam for 30 minutes until the Puto (rice muffin) is firm,
     also try to insert a toothpick in the center of the Puto (rice muffin),
     if it comes out clean then its ready.
6) Let it cool before removing from the molds.
7) Serve and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment