Thursday, March 28, 2013

Hans Christian Andersen's House

I guess when we were kids, we love reading fairy tale books and listening to our mother's old stories. And the old time favorite, watching Disney Princesses movies like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid for hundreds of times. I'm not ashamed to admit this but I still watch cartoons and the Disney classics.

When I went to see Hans Christian Andersen's house in Odense, Denmark, it was such a fulfilling experience. I really loved his stories like The Princess and the Pea, Thumbelina, The Little Mermaid, The Emperor's New Clothes, Etc.

Hans Christian Andersen is one of my favorite authors, I even have a book collection of his fairy tales when I was a kid. And to actually visit his preserved house in  Odense is just astonishing.


On the way to H.C. Andersen's house.

His lovely neighborhood with cozy brick road and old houses.

A delightful cafe infront of his house.

Such a wonderful feeling to see his simple abode... :)

Hans Christian Andersen's House
It's really unbelievable how they preserved his dwelling.

The Little Mermaid statue in Copenhagen, Denmark, based on Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale.



No comments:

Post a Comment