Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday Caramelized Banana

I miss being home in the Philippines with my family. Usually, we have a Sunday tradition that I find so cozy. We stay at home and relax, listen to old music and eat traditional Filipino desserts. And right now, I am imagining myself sitting on the balcony, reading magazines or painting my nails while listening to the music.

Now that it's Sunday, I thought hmm, why not bring that tradition with me. So I prepared and cooked a simple Filipino favorite dessert called Caramelized Banana or as what we call ''Banana Cue.'' The reason why it's called Banana Cue, like Barbecue, the caramelized Bananas are placed on Bamboo skewers.

Hope you enjoy! :)

Caramelized Banana

Ingredients:
Saba Banana (Asian Plantains)
Brown Sugar
Oil




Method:
1) Peel banana, coat with sugar. Set aside.


2) Heat oil in a deep pan, turn heat to medium until oil begins to bubble.
3) Place the bananas carefully in the Pan and fry them until the sugar melts and turns to brown.


4)  Place them on a Bamboo skewers or put on a plate and serve.



Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment