Sunday, December 23, 2012

Fabulous Costume Jewelry

The other day, I went to a 2nd hand book shop to find a book/novel to read since I just finished reading the novel I bought during one of my travels. I like going to 2nd hand book shops because there is more chance to find interesting and intriguing books. I search meticulously on every aisle if there's something that will catch my attention. I went to the art section and I saw a lot of nice books about the works of Renoir and Michael Angelo, then I went to check the Recipe collection but hmm, that I can easily search on the net. But when I saw that there is an aisle on Fashion books, I went immediately to check. There was a book about the shoe drawings of Manolo Blahnik, which, is very interesting to me since I love fashion. But the book that really caught my eye is Fabulous Fake by Carole Tanembaum.





Buy Fabulous Fakes Book Here.

So happy I found this book, can't wait to read and study everything about Vintage Costume Jewelry.

Carole Tanembaum is a vintage costume jewelry collector. She has hundreds of priceless high-fashion costume jewelry collection from year 1830 to 2000 and in this book, she is showcasing her exclusive costume jewelry collection from Theodor Fahrner, Dior, Chanel, Maison Gripoix, Marcel Boucher, Miriam Haskell, Henry Schreiner, Lucy Bergamini, Christian Lacroix and a lot more.


Maison Gripoix for Chanel Byzantine-inspired necklace

Vintage unsigned Miriam Haskell jewelry 


What interests me about high quality costume jewelry is their delicate and eccentric designs. Every piece is just so extraordinary and the craftsmanship is exquisite. And I am actually starting to collect vintage pieces...

Here are some photos of Vintage Costume Jewelry:


Vintage Madame Griproix Earrings and Necklace

Vintage Chanel earrings
Vinatge Theodor Fahrner Brooch
Vintage Christian Lacroix  Earrings
Vintage DeLizza and Elster Brooch
Vintage Christian Dior Brooch and Neck piece


Shop High Quality Vinatge Costume Jewelry Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment