Before welcoming 2013, have you already planned on how to celebrate your New Year?
Well, same as Christmas, my husband and I are celebrating it at home.
As usual, I'll be the one preparing dinner and everything, my husband requested Lasagna again. He likes my recipe and it's made of vegetables, no meat!
When we also have friends coming over for dinner, I serve Lasagna sometimes and most of their comments: it's yummy! *blush* Lol!!!
So I have decided to share my recipe and I really hope you like it. :)
1 box oven ready Barilla Lasagna plates
1 can Tomato Sauce
4 medium Tomatoes (boiled and chopped)
1 large white Onion (chopped)
5 cloves Garlic (chopped)
2 Carrots (diced)
200 grams oyster mushroom (chopped)
2 Tsp Paprika
2 Tsp Parsley
Mornay Sauce (white sauce) ingedients:
5 Tbsp Butter
3 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
2 cups Milk
2 cup Whipping Cream
1 Tsp Salt
1 Ounce Parmesan cheese
2 Ounces Grated Cheddar Cheese
Method: (Mornay/ White Sauce)
1) In a deep pan, turn heat to medium, melt butter. Then add milk and cream.
2) Carefully dash some flour into the pan, do it slowly or it will get stumpy.
3) Add Parmesan cheese and Cheddar cheese.
4) Dash some salt and simmer until its thicker.
Method: (Lasagna sauce)
1) A pan with olive oil, turn heat to medium until oil begins to bubble, saute chopped onion
and garlic until golden brown. Add the diced carrots and mushroom.
2) When the carrots begins to soften, add chopped tomatoes and tomato sauce.
Dash some salt and pepper. Stir for 10 minutes.
3) Add seasoning (paprika and parsley), and continue stirring, dash some salt and pepper if needed.
Simmer for 20 minutes.
4) Taste the sauce, if it's ready, turn off heat and set aside,
if it lacks seasoning, add some salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees for 10 minutes.
- In an oven safe container (like pyrex), arrange ''no cook'' lasagna plates. Pour moderate amount RED
sauce (cooked sauce) over the Lasagna plates, make sure you cover the plates.
- Pour The mornay sauce over the red sauce and place again lasagna plates over the mornay sauce.
Repeat doing this until the sauces are finished.
- Dash some Cheddar cheese on top.
- Then put inside pre-heated oven and cook for 20 minutes.
Serve while hot! :)